Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken

With Easter approaching quickly I realized I haven't made any holiday crafts yet! I have however, completed a yummy dinner that is great for the holidays since it is both easy and good (no need to compromise one for the other). For me personally, I would rather spend time enjoying my family then spending hours in the kitchen, but I also want to eat something yummy! So without further ado, the recipe:

The stuff you need:
3 Chicken Breasts
1 1/4 cup Cheese (I used white sharp cheddar)
3/4 cup spinach
3 cloves of garlic 
1/4 cup sour cream
Salt 
Pepper
Paprika (optional)
Baking dish

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease a shallow glass baking pan, set aside until you’re ready to load it up
3. In a small bowl microwave the spinach for about 3 minutes until slightly wilted
4. While you’re waiting for that be productive & chop your garlic, and if you buy block cheese like me, grate your cheese.   




5. In a small bowl mix together your spinach, sour cream, garlic, & cheese
6. Place your chicken on a cutting board and cut each chicken breast long ways about halfway through to the other side 
7. Place your chicken in your greased baking dish and fill the "slit" you created with the spinach mixture
8. Sprinkle with salt & pepper & for a pretty color also sprinkle with paprika (learned this trick from my Cuban family)
9. Bake uncovered until chicken is fully cooked, about 30-35 minutes. Serve immediately, no one likes cold chicken, well I guess except for chicken salad…but that’s different


8 comments:

  1. Hey Meg! I just wanted you to know that I nominated you for the Liebster award! Hed over to my blog to see the details if you want to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM, this looks so good!
    I found you at Linking with the Ladies today. I hope you can stop by my blog and leave a comment - and link up.
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    www.vmg206.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sooo hungry and that looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe :D *pinning it*

    Kelly
    www.hiccupsandsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete