Thursday, March 21, 2013

Blogging is Cool


Who doesn't love awards?!
Luisa from Living And Learning with Luisa has an amazing blog and has nominated me for the Liebster award. 

 What is this award?
The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 or so followers.  What is a Liebster? 

I was wondering what I should post about next...well, now I have some "forced' direction!
This is what Liebster winners have to do:

 1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
 Random Things About Me, 11 to be exact:
1. My husband is a musician but I can't sing a lick to save my life. Playing an instrument is also not in my horizons. I've had to get creative in how I tell people this since I'm asked all the time. I usually just tell them God gave me the worst voice here so I can be the best singer in heaven ;)  

2. I REALLY want chickens and cows..LOTS OF THEM...and a little pink pot-belly pig named Lola! (her name is picked out and everything, I just need the pig)
3. I have double jointed hips that sometimes hurt or get stuck in one position making me feel like the first ever 22-year-old-80-year-old 
4. I was born in Ankara Turkey, (My dad was in the air force) but I haven't been back since I was 2

5. I am scared of clowns...seriously...I'm not okay with whoever invented that as a funny thing..

6. I think mushrooms are a fungus that should just stay in the ground (my husband disagrees)

7. Answering the phone makes my hands and feet sweet. I have a weird phone-phobia, it makes me nervous

8. I played volleyball year round since I was in in 6th grade...but I still can't jump high (I use to just tell my coaches God gave me too big of thighs to get high) 

9. I am a country girl at heart and always will be :) 
10. I hate weeding. My mom used to make me weed the garden instead of getting a spanking. I would cry and ask for the spanking...maybe I was just a weird kid...
11. I love making people laugh...& will embarrass myself to do so

 Questions from my nominator:
1.  What is your favorite Pinterest board?
I love Jill's board about her dream craft room. Since I currently live in a 1 bedroom apartment with a harry dog and a man (get the picture?) my craft room is still in my dreams. 
(here is the link: http://pinterest.com/jillfritz126/my-dream-craft-room/)

2.  How much time would you estimate you spend on your blog daily?
Since I still work full time and have now just taken a second job as a volleyball coach I usually spend about 1-3 hours daily on my blog, if that. 

3.  Who is your inspiration/favorite blogger?
I really love the simplicity of Kelly's blog at Smart.School.House  & of course I love the quirkiness of the Pioneer Woman

4.  Where is your favorite place to shop for home decor?
With my money: The Goodwill & garage sales 
Free money: Pottery barn & Crate & Barrel 

5.  Where is your favorite place to vacation?
NC in the mountains I like hiking when it's cold so I can hide my food fat in my winter clothes....bathing suit season is not a vacation, its stressful! :)

6.  What is your favorite crockpot dish?  Feel free to share recipe 
 I literally survive all meals with my crockpot! One of my favs is making applesauce since I & use it for breakfast and for baking.   This is a good recipe I use and it's easy to doctor it up too: http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-applesauce-69127

7.  Do you have hoarding tendencies?
Glitter, Buttons, Ribbons & all things crafty. Seriously, my crafts are taking over our living room, just ask my husband...I'm a few crafts short of being put on a TLC hoarders show.


8.  What do you change out the most in home decor?
Pillows! I absolutely love pillows & am constantly making new ones  

9.  Do you feel like you are living the life you want to live or is there something else that you want to do or wish you were doing differently?
Sometimes I wish I had tattoos all over and was a girl rock drummer/singer in a band...but I just don't think I was given the personality for it, or the talent....oh well...
10.  If so, what’s keeping you from doing it?  If not, good for you!
Tattoos are too painful to have them all over...oh and I can't drum...or sing...I just don't think it's going to happen anytime soon


11.  If you had no electronics whatsoever, what would you be doing right now?
Sitting on a country porch somewhere, like this one, sipping on some good o'l sweet tea!!! 
My work would never be able to find me ;)


Here are my chosen 11, These are great blogs check them out:
1. Chelsea at Ideas Coming True


3. Jamey at Simply Animated




7. Lacey at Sunny + Turquoise
 
8. Natalie at La Gang a Nat

9. Shelby at It's Always Sonny

10. Holly at Not Done Growing



Okay winners, grab a cup of coffee and answer these 11 questions about yourself...don't worry it's not a personality test:
1. Why did you start blogging, what inspired you?

2. What is your favorite household/kitchen item?

3.What is your favorite food?

4. What is the first thing you notice about people?

5. If you were a Crayon what color would you be and why?

6.What is one aspiration that you have?

7. Scary movies or Happy endings?

8. Do you have a special or perhaps secret talent?

9. Were you named after someone special or a family member?

10. What do you do most of the day?

11.Where is your ideal getaway place?

If you won the Liebster Award & participated leave me a comment with your link so I can see who joined in the fun.

8 comments:

  1. Awww, you are so sweet! Thank you so much for the nomination!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, I am so incredibly touched by this nomination. I read your post last night after coming home from a huge long stressful day at work and it literally put tears in my eyes. I wasn't sure what this award meant so I googled it (of course!). It's meant to show the love to new bloggers that produce good solid content. Is it just me or is this blog world and insanely beautiful one?! I've been a lawyer now for 12 years and I'm not sure that I've felt as validated in my legal career as I have felt blogging for 2 months. This is so insane. Meg, yes, I will accept the nomination and I will answer all of those beautiful thoughtful questions that you posed. It might take me a few days to get to them, but I will!

    Lots of love,
    Natalie from La gang à Nat

    www.natandgang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Wow, I feel honored to have been a blessing in your day. You have a wonderful blog, keep it up!!! This whole blogging thing is a blast! It's so much fun to share ideas in a crafty,creative, funny little blog world. I look forward to following along & learning all sorts of new stuff from you.

      Happy blogging :)
      xoxo, Meg

      Delete
  3. Thanks a billion +2 Megan for the nomination! I feel really honored. Totally made my week.
    Here is my post in reply:
    http://www.wearesimplyanimated.com/2013/03/well-isnt-this-nice.html

    xoxo
    Jamey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining in the fun! Happy blogging :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for participating! It's always nice to learn more about people and then to find how much you might have in common. Looking forward to visiting the blogs that you shared!

    ReplyDelete