Friday, March 15, 2013

Microwave Mug Brownie

My friend bought me the plastic travel mason jar cup.I take it everywhere, it's amazing!!!! I want all mason jar lovers to have one so I looked around for you to see where they are sold at: Click here Mason jar lovers).

  My husband was gone the other night at a meeting so it was just me and Lloyd hanging out. Lloyd had dog food but I had to find something to eat! I usually make dinner and love feeding my little family,  but somehow the motivation to cook for one was just not there. In my college days I would eat cereal, but seeing as how I had eaten granola every morning for 2 weeks, I wasn't "feeling" it. All this to say......I decided to whip up a brownie in a cup ....for dinner. It was not my brightest idea and later in the night I did have a headache, so yes, for all those who are wondering, I learned my lesson. But anyways it turned out so yummy I figured I would share my concoction for those who want a treat....after their meal:

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Flour (I used whole-wheat)
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/3 cup Cocoa
1 cup Sugar
4 tlb Butter
1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
1 Egg
Almonds, Walnuts, Or Pecans (optional)
A large mug

 Steps:
1. Mix together your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar & cocoa) in your nice large mug.
 2. Be like a little kid and create a whole in the middle of your dry ingredients and pour in the wet stuff (egg, butter,  & vanilla)

 3. Stir the ingredients together that are in your mug. Learn from my wire whisk ordeal, just grab a spoon...
4. Nuke your mug in the microwave for about 3 minutes & 30 Seconds...this is the part you want to put a little effort into. Don't let your microwave burn your yummy chocolate! Cook until you have reached your desired consistency.  (If it dries out from over-cooking just pour a little milk on your brownie to help add some moisture back) Now top your brownie with the nutritional part: nuts   

5. Grab a glass of milk and eat up....no sharing involved!
 

2 comments: