Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Spicy Caesar Salad & Cornbread Croutons

I made this recipe a few weeks ago but it's taken me forever to get it posted. I just got back from FL for a friend's wedding and visiting with family. Back to real life now and the piled up pioneer recipes that need posted. :) 

The week I made thisrecipe was busy so it was nice to have a dinner on the schedule that was a little "lighter" and not so daunting to make. I can officially say that I am addicted to these cornbread croutons. LITTLE BITES OF BUTTERY HEAVEN! Seriously, you have to give these things a try. They make salads sooo tasty. I liked the spicy caesar salad too but it's the croutons that stole my heart. 

Crouton Recipe: http://www.grainmillwagon.com/delicious-cornbread-croutons/ 

Spicy Caesar Dressing
-2 garlic cloves, minced finely 
-1 Tablespoon Dijion Mustard
- 2 egg yolks
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted

1. Place the minced garlic in a mixing bowl. Add the Dijion & egg yolks, whisk to combine.
2. Squeeze in the lemon juice
3. Add the Worcestershire sauce. 
4. Mince the 2 canned chiptle peppers and add to the bowl. Whisk all together. 
5. Drizzle in the olive oil in a steady stream while whisking. Slowly it will begin to thicken into more of a dressing consistency :) 
Toss your salad with the dressing and add those delicious croutons! :D 

(Recipe from "The Pioneer Woman, Food from My Frontier ") 

No comments:

Post a Comment