Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Family

Titus is here! On Feb 11th my 4th nephew Titus Robert was born! I don't know about you but I know that family can be such a sweet blessing in your life. My sister and brother-in-law currently live about 2 hours away. So far I have had the privilege of being there for 3 of my sister's four births. I love my nephews more than I can describe. They have been a comfort, joy, and a tool of bonding in our family. My sister is a trooper! Four boys, ages 4 and under! I am learning so much from her..and I know that I will have a great support system when its my turn to be a mom.  Kristen & Rob are raising up little loving gentlemen! So thank them people, we all know we could use some more of those around ;) 

The boys: 
Left to right: Jude 20months , Elijah 3, Titus, & Noah 4yrs old
Krisen, Rob & Titus
Titus
This is Jude...he has just discovered he is not the baby anymore..poor Jude
Titus & Daddy
To help Kris out I spent an entire Saturday baking goodies to fill her freezer. The boys love muffins and breads..who doesn't'!? It was actually pretty fun until the end of the day when all I wanted to do was sleep. Every ounce of our tiny apartment counter space was occupied, including our dinning room table & floor.    
I made 2 batches of:
Banana Muffins, Zucchini Muffins, Raisin/Cinnamon Bread, & Pancakes

 
While I worked on the muffins I had the bread machine going on the floor with the cinnamon raisin bread. I then stopped to make a Caramel Macchiato.  

You can't have good food with no labels! I sat down and wrote on the Ziplocs with a sharpie before filling them with the goodies. The goodies were then packaged away in the freezer. (For the pancakes I went ahead and made up most of them, the rest of the batter I froze for later)

And then of course during my stay I also helped my mom & other sister Kay with baby-duty:  



Jude wearing Uncle Aj's helmet
To all mom's out there...keep up the good work! You are a blessing to your children and a hero to your home...and to me :)  

Noah and baby brother Titus



All in all the trip was amazing and the boys love their new baby brother! I loved getting to see my family.



What's your family story this week?  




4 comments:

  1. Megan, you have the cutest blog I've ever seen. Coming from a manly-man like myself that means something. Thanks for desiring to be a part of our boys lives, they adore you and AJ.

    On a side note, can you convince AJ to start a blog of his own....I'm thinking, "Will work for ammo."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new addition to your family! It's so nice that they aren't too far away - so adorable!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, your little nephews are so adorable. I can't get over how cute they are. I bet your family really appreciated having you there. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, Megan! I really appreciate your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Brandi & Shelley! I think they are adorable too. It's great being an aunt, I get to love and spoil :) (I hope my sister isn't reading this ha!)

    ReplyDelete